What have you just BOUGHT?

The Monster is enroute.

View attachment 4837075

With the 65mm GX M and the III N film back.
I've always had the itch for one of these. It's all about the lens movements; with the Fuji, I could retire my Horseman 6x9 technical cameras. Then again, dragging this up a mountain in a backpack? Umm... Nevertheless, this is one of the coolest camera designs that no one has heard of. ;)

I've always had the itch for one of these. It's all about the lens movements; with the Fuji, I could retire my Horseman 6x9 technical cameras. Then again, dragging this up a mountain in a backpack? Umm... Nevertheless, this is one of the coolest camera designs that no one has heard of. ;)
I didn't have a technical film camera so have had half an eye on these for awhile.

That either no one has heard of them, or they have heard how massive they are paid off in this case. The entire kit cost slightly more than my Bessa T. That is mind boggling to me. Being the latest version it has all the tricks; multi-format, data imprinting, and auto ISO setting for film that is coded.

I've found 3d printable masks for it and someone even designed a 3d printed AA battery adapter for them.

When is the digital back due to be out for it?

I'm almost afraid to ask, but how much does this Monster weigh?
Fuji apparently released one and other companies have made adapters for digital backs. Haven't looked into that much though.

Weight... it will make my Pentax 6x7 feel like a plastic point and shoot. The lens is 1190 grams, and something like 3500 grams for the body without film or batteries so 10 or 11 pounds.

Brochure.

The Canon 35mm 2.8 is an excellent lens that is reasonably priced. It is optically excellent and also mechanically robust. Ca and the non has several 35mm lenses that are great overall, such as the 35/2 and the less popular 35/1.8. The exotic 35/1.5 is being sold to moviemakers at astronomical prices.

The 35/2.8 is a great choice.

Back